IDEAL GRAB-AND-GO SCOPE - A PERFECT LIFESTYLE GIFT!!
The Heritage-114P with its superb parabolic mirror provides excellent all-round performance for the observation of the Moon and planets and Deep-Sky objects.
The Virtuoso™ mount provides a stable platform and will track night sky objects automatically once located. The telescope can be slewed automatically in both axes, at five different speeds, via the mount’s electronic keypad.
A great feature of the Virtuoso™ is the patented Freedom-Find™ dual-encoder technology which also allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without losing its alignment or positional information, giving the user enormous convenience and flexibility during observing sessions.
As well as its superb astronomical functionality, the Virtuoso™ mount has a lot of other clever features for photography (camera not included):
Camera Cruising: Take photographs automatically with your DSLR at up to 6 preset positions. The mount will stop at each predetermined position and automatically trigger the camera’s shutter release. (Canon-D electronic shutter release cable supplied but other Skywatcher cables are readily available)
Video Cruising/Time Lapse Photography: The mount can automatically move your video camera through up to 6 preset positions without any pause. Up to 5 speeds can be selected in this mode (see below)
Panoramic/Matrix Photography: The mount can control a DSLR camera to take long distance panoramas up to 360°.
Supplied in attractive giftbox.
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x20 & x50
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x228
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 114mm
- Parabolic primary mirror & secondary mirror with Radiant™ Aluminum Quartz (RAQ™) coating providing up to 94% reflectivity with optimal durability and long term performance
- Telescope Focal Length: 500mm (f/4.38)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Rack and Pinion Focuser (1.25”)
- Red Dot Finder
- Virtuoso™ Computerised Multi-Function Mount
- DC Servo Motors, Driving Resolution 2.42 arc sec
- Payload Capacity 4kg
- Astronomical Tracking Speed: Sidereal Rate
- Slewing Speeds: 8x, 16x, 64x, 400x, >2000x Max
- Speeds in Time Lapse Mode: 1xRotation/24hrs/6hrs/3hrs, 2.5°/sec, 1.2°/sec
- Supplied with L-Bracket and Canon-D Electronic Shutter Release Cable (note: Cellphone adapter is not included)
- Virtuoso™ Mount Upgradeable to GoTo with addition of Synscan™
- Telescope/Mount attachable to most Prosumer tripods via 3/8” thread
- Power Requirement: 12v DC 1 Amp Power Supply (Tip Positive). Skywatcher
- Power Tank Recommended or AA Batteries (not supplied)
- Overall Weight Approx 5.3kg (mount 3.7kg), Dimensions 29x29x53cm
PARABOLIC PRIMARY MIRRORS
Features High Quality Parabolic Primary Mirrors to eliminate spherical aberrations inherent in 'fast' focal lengh reflectors with spherical primary mirrors. The mirrors are parabolized to bring all the light rays to the same focal point to give sharp, constrasty images, which are full of detail.