"….The planets Jupiter and Mars were well-placed during the review period. With Mars’s red disc, and Jupiter’s bands and gorgeous pin-prick moons clearly visible through the eyepiece. We also enjoyed excellent views of the Hyades and Pleiades star clusters, the Andromeda Galaxy, Dumbell, Ring and Orion Nebulae, Double stars Albireo and the Double Double, and some wonderful detail on the Moon. After each slew, the go-to system successfully placed each object well within the 25mm eyepiece’s field of view. The Sky-Watcher Heritage 150P Virtuoso GTi was a lot of fun to use…"
BBC Sky At Night Magazine
The highly portable Sky-Watcher HERITAGE-150P (VIRTUOSO GTi), has been designed to be controlled wirelessly with your Smartphone or Tablet, using the free SynScan App for iOS or Android. The Virtuoso GTi mounting, with it's built-in WiFi module, creates it’s very own Wi-Fi network, so the mount can be used anywhere, without any reliance on other WiFi or mobile networks. After entering your coordinates into the App and following a simple alignment procedure, you are ready to explore the universe using the App’s intuitive touchscreen menu.
The Virtuoso GTi and SynScan App provides full computerised GO-TO control, allowing the telescope to be automatically slewed to any one of the objects in the App’s extensive database of 10,000+ celestial objects. Incorporates Sky-Watcher’s Freedom-Find™ patented Dual-Encoder Technology, which allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
Featuring the same superb Parabolic Primary Mirror as our highly-renowned Explorer-150P, the Heritage-150P telescope is an excellent and capable all-rounder which will provide wonderful views of both the Moon & Planets as well as Deep-Sky Objects. The collapsible patented FlexTube™ system has been incorporated making it even more convenient to transport and store.
Designed for convenient use on a tabletop, but equipped with a 3/8" standard tripod bush so can equally be used with an optional tripod making it a versatile choice. The Sky-Watcher AZ5 Stainless Steel Tripod (code 20316) is highly recommended for use with this telescope.
- Magnifications (with optics supplied): x30 & x75
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x300
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 150mm
- Parabolic primary mirror & secondary mirror with Radiant™ Aluminum Quartz (RAQ™) coating providing up to 94% reflectivity with optimal durability and long term performance
- Telescope Focal Length: 750mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Red Dot Finder
- Virtuoso GTi WiFi Go-To Tabletop Alt-Azimuth Mount (with 3/8" screw thread on base for tripod mounting)
- Controller: Free SynScan App for iOS and Android mobile device or Synscan Hand Controller (available separately)
- SynScan App Database: Total 10,000+ Objects. Deep Sky Objects: 10759, including Messier, NGC, IC, Caldwell Catalogues, Named DSOs, Named Stars: 305, Double Stars: 55, Solar system objects: 7 planets, Sun , Moon. (Unlimited objects when working with a 3rd party planetarium software).
- SynScan App Alignment Method: 1-star Alignment , 3-star Alignment, Brightest Star Alignment, North-Level Alignment
- SynScan App's Other Features: Tonight's Best Sky Tour, Point and Go with a mobile device, Identification of Celestial Objects, Remote control over Internet, User defined objects, Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE)
- Resolution: 1.5 arc-second
- Resolution of Aux. R.A./Dec. Axis Encoders: 1068 Counts/Rev., approx. 20 arc-minutes
- Freedom-Find™ Dual-Encoder Technology
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar, Alignment-Free Solar Tracking
- Slewing Speeds: 0.5X, 1.0x, 8.0x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 600x, Max
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Motor: DC Servo Motor
- 45mm Sky-Watcher/Vixen type dovetail saddle
- Interface: SynScan Hand Control Port, DSLR Shutter Release Port (optional cables available separately), Built-in Wi-Fi Module
- Connectivity: ASCOM platform for Windows PC, Mobile planetarium App for iOS and Android ( SkySafari Plus/Pro, Luminos, Stellarium, more are coming).
- Overall Height of Telescope (unextended OTA pointing vertically): 600mm
- Base diameter: 330mm
- Total Weight: 9kg
- Power Requirement: 8 AA Size Batteries (not supplied) or External Power Supply (DC 7.5~14V, 1A) Tip Positive.
- Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended.