"“A highly portable and compact telescope that creates its own Wi-Fi network....Overall the Sky-Watcher Skymax-127 Virtuoso GTi was a delight to use on a wide range of targets, and can be highly recommended.”"
BBC SKY AT NIGHT MAGAZINE
The highly portable Sky-Watcher SKYMAX-127 (VIRTUOSO GTi), has been designed to be controlled wirelessly with your Smartphone or Tablet, using the free SynScan App for iOS or Android. The Virtuoso GTi mounting, with it's built-in WiFi module, creates it’s very own Wi-Fi network, so the mount can be used anywhere, without any reliance on other WiFi or mobile networks. After entering your coordinates into the App and following a simple alignment procedure, you are ready to explore the universe using the App’s intuitive touchscreen menu.
The Virtuoso GTi and SynScan App provides full computerised GO-TO control, allowing the telescope to be automatically slewed to any one of the objects in the App’s extensive database of 10,000+ celestial objects. Incorporates Sky-Watcher’s Freedom-Find™ patented Dual-Encoder Technology, which allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
The compact but powerful Skymax-127 Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope is ideal for the observation of double-stars, and the surface detail of the Moon & bright planets. Its high-resolution, long focal length optical system is multi-coated to maximise contrast and image sharpness.
Designed for convenient use on a tabletop, but equipped with a 3/8" standard tripod bush so can equally be used with an optional tripod making it a versatile choice. The Sky-Watcher AZ5 Stainless Steel Tripod (code 20316) is highly recommended for use with this telescope.
- Magnifications (with optics supplied): x60 & x150
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x254
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 127mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1500mm (f/11.8)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Red Dot Finder
- 90° Star Diagonal (1.25”)
- VIRTUOSO GTi WiFi Go-To Tabletop Alt-Azimuth Mount (with 3/8" screw thread on base for tripod mounting)
- Controller: Free SynScan App for iOS and Android mobile device or Synscan Hand Controller (available separately)
- SynScan App Database: Total 10,000+ Objects. Deep Sky Objects: 10759, including Messier, NGC, IC, Caldwell Catalogues, Named DSOs, Named Stars: 305, Double Stars: 55, Solar system objects: 7 planets, Sun , Moon. (Unlimited objects when working with a 3rd party planetarium software).
- SynScan App Alignment Method: 1-star Alignment , 3-star Alignment, Brightest Star Alignment, North-Level Alignment
- SynScan App's Other Features: Tonight's Best Sky Tour, Point and Go with a mobile device, Identification of Celestial Objects, Remote control over Internet, User defined objects, Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE)
- Resolution: 1.5 arc-second
- Resolution of Aux. R.A./Dec. Axis Encoders: 1068 Counts/Rev., approx. 20 arc-minutes
- Freedom-Find™ Dual-Encoder Technology
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar, Alignment-Free Solar Tracking
- Slewing Speeds: 0.5X, 1.0x, 8.0x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 600x, Max
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Motor: DC Servo Motor
- 45mm Sky-Watcher/Vixen type dovetail saddle
- Interface: SynScan Hand Control Port, DSLR Shutter Release Port (optional cables available separately), Built-in Wi-Fi Module
- Connectivity: ASCOM platform for Windows PC, Mobile planetarium App for iOS and Android ( SkySafari Plus/Pro, Luminos, Stellarium, more are coming).
- Maximum Height of Telescope (OTA pointing vertically): 580mm
- Base diameter: 330mm
- Total Weight: 10kg
- Power Requirement: 8 AA Size Batteries (not supplied) or External Power Supply (DC 7.5~14V, 1A) Tip Positive.
- Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended.
SKY-WATCHER DELUXE MIRROR COATINGS
Most reflectors today usually have a coat of aluminium as the mirror surface and then an overcoat of silicon monoxide or silicon dioxide to protect it. Silicon dioxide produces a much more durable coat than silicon monoxide but requires specialized equipment to apply it and is therefore more expensive. Protection is needed, because in most reflectors, the mirror is open to the elements and deterioration of the reflective layer reduces the resolution of the telescope. ALL Sky-Watcher reflectors are Multi-Coated with Silicon Dioxide as standard for Optimum Durability and Long Term Performance.